It’s that time of year again!
Many of us are aware that Oprah shares a list of her favorite things each fall. In 2017, my husband ordered maple syrup after seeing it on her 2017 list. We enjoyed it all year with weekend pancakes and reused the pretty wooden box for other things. It was quite delicious.
I decided to start my own favorite things list, a holiday twist on gratitude.
Here is my list of 21 2021 Favorite Things. Photos follow. May it inspire you to list yours. Scroll through photos on your phone. I can guarantee those photos are filled with favorite things, moments, people to inspire you for this activity.
- My good dog(s)
- Classic Christmas movies, especially from my childhood
- Nature calendars by local artist, Erin Vaughan
- Christmas decorations and the tree in the lobby of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Anaheim
- Colorful fresh flowers
- Baby gender reveal moments (or waiting until the baby arrives to find out)
- Good physical therapy when recovering from an injury
- Breakfasts at good places, like Cracker Barrel, Original Pancake House, First Watch, or Auntie’s Bakery & Cafe
- Clean, clever humor
- Holiday hot fudge sundae with peppermint ice cream
- Staying connected with far-away loved ones – friends and family
- Simple Christmas joys
- Winter sunsets…or beautiful sunsets in any season
- Christmas cookies – homemade or bakery
- Going out for afternoon tea
- Good walking shoes – New Balance for me!
- Toilet paper
- Books to read
- Time to sit by the fire in cold weather
- Creative ideas to try from blogs and YouTube, like from my friend, Amy, at Tonality Designs, and Michael’s. See last week’s post.
“My Favorite Things” from The Sound of Music is often included on Christmas albums and playlists, though I’m not sure why. I never think of it as a Christmas song. But it had to be inlcuded here!
I hope thinking about your favorite things brightens your day. What would be on your list?
Stay charming, my friends.